-->

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow - Too Cool Review

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo. I originally purchased the white shade Too Cool because I was searching for a base when I use my Coastal Scents 88 palette. It works well for a base or simply adding highlight to the inner corner of the eyes.








RATING:


PIGMENTATION:
Its not as pigmented as I hoped. It applies more as a sheer wash over the lids. You can add layers to achieve your desired look. Too Cool contains tiny shimmer particles which makes me wish that it were matte. Sometimes there are days where I don't want to wear shimmer on my eyes.

PRICE:
It retails between $8-10 depending on where you get it from. Color Tattoo may be a cheaper alternative to a product like the MAC paint pot.

TEXTURE:

The formula resembles a dense cream. Its a bit harder to blend so you have to work fast to spread the product on your eyelids.   

DURATION OF WEAR:
I have used this for a week as my only eye base for my eyeshadows and was mildly surprised that it was decent at crease prevention. My eyeshadows started creasing by 7-8 hours, which is not bad. Not bad at all. My eyeshadows look pretty much the same at the end of the night when I use the Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance. Both give me the same duration of wear except that the Color Tattoo is half the price of the Too Faced eye primer.   



OVERALL:
Good for base! I wanna try Bold As Bronze, Tough as Taupe and Bold Gold next! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment